I heart date night

Well it has been a long, and I mean L-O-N-G time since Mark and I had date night. But when you have three kids, parents who live far away and in-laws who, well let's just say they only need one child at a time....it's hard to have a actual "date night". But we managed to pull it off and had a blast!!! We went with 2 other couples to downtown Ft.Worth. We had dinner at Mi Cocina, (which by the way, is super yummy!) We talked like forever and had some fun and frivolous beverages. It was so nice to have dinner at a table with no kids menus or crayons!!! Then we went to Hyena's Comedy Night Club. Oh it was great, then we got brave and decided to go next door to the dueling piano bar (see pictures below) it was fun but crowded and stocked fully of bachelorettes and their crazy wedding parties, (again see pics) my husband had his picture taken with the bride-to-be, lovely...



and then guess who, drove everyone in her suburban downtown so I got to drink water (notice the water bottle in the pic) while everyone else was drinking....ummmm not water... So after a tribute to the Rocky Horror Picture Show, the guys were ready to get the heck out of dodge!!!



But not before we got a semi group picture, as Missy was the photo taker, she refused to be in the pic....Are we just not the coolest parents ever or what!!


So what do we do with no kids on a Saturday night at 11:00???? Go to the Stockyards of course. So I drive everyone to Cowtown, after I do an AMAZING parallel parking job, we were off to see Cowtown. Now if you never been there, their are a lot of places to go, clubs, bars, etc..and the best thing about most of the bars are 2 little magic words "No Cover". We went to a couple of places and listened to a band that shouldn't play in public anymore. So we totally left and saw a place that we all used to go to, about 10 years ago. We thought what the heck, it's got to be about the same right???? Oh were we wrong!!! But we stayed and danced and I drank more water...and everyone else drank...ummm not water. We, meaning the girls, danced and had a lot of fun, the guys...they people watched. Which was kinda funny too.
Kreyton and Mark just loved it when I took their picture...hee hee



Janice and me after we were finished dancing to some song I've never even heard before..Am I THAT old??? no, no can't be....I just forgot I heard it...yea that's it....



So after a few more songs and bottles of water...being the DD is so much pressure!!! We figured our fun parents night out was ready to come to an end, after all it was almost 1:30 a.m. So we again all piled in the suburban and headed home. It was a great night and soooo much fun. I hope we can do it again soon.

Awww....We look so cute, Love you baby!!!


You Might Also Like

1 comments