Hurricane Harbor

The Drama team and some close friends all headed to HH last weekend. We took all of the kiddos and their friends, I know what your thinking weak moment, right?? Well it is summer, and they are driving me nuts...so what are ya gonna do???...

We had sooo much fun, and the kids really loved it. I left Miss "B" with Grandma & Grandpa so Momma could have some fun too. So we get there and of course it's packed!!! People were everywhere and of course there were no chairs.

But we made the best of it and settled in at Boogie Beach...The boys of course wanted to boogie board and surf. Here are my boys waiting in line, trying to get some ideas about how they are going to do this thing...


N totally wiped out on his board, I even missed getting a picture of him... Then Dad thought he was going to "ride the wave" too...yeah well he went up and then down so fast I missed him, all you can see is his feet!!!

Then he tried again and well this is were he ended up...that's OK baby your my surf hero!!

Then after this the kids (and Daddy) starting getting brave and decided to ride this...Yea, they are crazy!!!

Here's K staring her way down that huge slide...

A few of us decided to wait for the others at Boogie Beach...I couldn't resist this picture of N watching for K and Daddy to go down the slide..

Koda and Nate were their typical (lookin and findin trouble) selves...

So we stayed all day and I even rode the lone wolf ride, with the girls...It was fun but the lines were soooo long. So J and I headed to the chairs at the wave pool for some much needed sun and rest time...

K was loving the wave pool and I was just loving her camera "pose."

The boys were watching her and when I got my camera out they quickly turned their heads. L & N just look way too guilty...

Well our day came to an end and man was everybody crabby and tired. I think we were all over it. Even the boys were ready to go home, actually my son wanted to go eat..big surprise there!!! The turkeys wouldn't even look at me.

Oh well it was definitely a day to remember. All the fun and sun, and of course the most interesting part of the day was my conversation with N and K. We were all standing in line waiting on a ride and N says "Momma what do those letters means?" I'm like what letters?? Oh N and K were referring to the letters, numbers, and many pictures (skulls, castles, dragons, barb wire) on this man's body...yea him and his woman (and all their friends) were all tattooed up...I mean it was L.A. ink right here in front of us...I'm all for body art or whatever, but this was ridiculous!!! It was interesting all right, but kinda scary too. So for the remainder of our time in line, Nate and Koda try to read all the tat's and decide who has the most....What wonderful lessons for our 8 year olds...Oh well, at least they were reading, right???
Thank goodness I was among friends cause we thought it was pretty funny and it was the running joke for the rest of the day...We really do need to get out more, huh?
Well hubby and I are headed to San Antonio this afternoon for some much needed R, R, and no kids!!! Woo-Whoo, we are so excited!! We going to see Ron White (blue comedy tour) on Saturday and shopping in San Marcos on Sunday!!! See all you bloggers next week!!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments