My son is driving and I wanna puke


Recently, I've been really stressing about my kids getting older.

Yea yea...I know that's just going to happen but it's getting closer day by day to the end of the school year and I just adjusted to having a daughter in college and my son being a Freshman in High School. This Fall I have to adjust to having my youngest in 6th grade. OHHHHHH the horror!!!!


 Let's talk about my middle child, my son, my drive me crazy everyday boy. Who just happens to be 6ft tall and stronger than I ever thought possible. He literally can see the top of my head. Ugh, why do they have to grow up so fast? He's was just a little child wanting a bedtime story right?? When did he get so darn big???





 What we've been talking about lately.......taking driver's ed, passing his test.....and getting his permit to DRIVE!!!..... I wanna puke at the thought of my kid driving around by HIMSELF!!! {luckily I have 10 months to wait}


 Call me a worry wart or whatever but the thought really makes me sick. Not only has the last 15 years flew by but there are so many changes to come. I just don't think I'm ready, although I did make it through Kate driving, but with Nathan...it's SOOOOOO different, and so much more scarier.


 He drives fast and then slams on the breaks, jerks around corners, and makes he as nervous as ever, by which I'm holding on for dear life to the door, which then he says that makes HIM nervous..Well hell I can't win!!!


 I keep running all the rules I want to set for him in my head but I think I may be being unreasonable...and of course he knows ALL the rules about driving...Like I haven't been driving for over 20 years!!! Seriously, the kid quotes the book.


 I want him safe from other drivers and of course himself. I remember my Mom always saying that it the other drivers he was worried about not just me. Well what ever there is to worry about, I've thought of it!!! Over over and over again...

 Is this normal?


 Is there a coping mechanism that I'm missing? AND why does driving a car also bring up the topics of speeding and oh Mom, I can make that light..Like I need more to stress about. Do you think he will appreciate the no girl/girls in the car rule??? Cause I have one.


Please tell me I'm crazy.....

You Might Also Like

0 comments