My People Have the Effin’ Flu

It’s inevitable. It happens almost every year. It starts out slow. At first you’re not even sure what’s happening. But then it hits you like a ton of bricks. Your kids have the flu. The mother effin’ flu.
It’s just so awful. I remember being childless and having the flu. It was so bad. But not as bad as having to take care of my people when you’re not sure if you even have it or not, it's the worst, the NOT KNOWING....especially when I'm begging and praying I'm not gonna get it!!! .
It all began on Saturday night. Of course, Nathan walks in and says his head, throat, and body hurts. Then I saw the look.
You know the look. The one that says I’m bout to hafta to go bed for days Mom, and can you be at my beck and call look?? 
When they’re little, it’s so scary. They don’t understand what’s going on. But when they are older they totally get it, and even worse....They pass it along faster!!!! Ugh
So two days pass before he gets to the doctor and of course he's positive for the flu... Not a sign of another kid in sight of getting it. Then two more days pass and Kate starts in with the throat thing and then she can barely talk, by Wednesday she's positive for the flu! I knew it, another one down...Abandon ship!!!
Deep in my heart, I knew it was coming. Now when is it going to hit the third child?? Two more days?? I shutter, by Friday we will know.....
Holy Mary Mother of God. What in the hell happened here, I keep my house pretty clean and now I've got Clorox wipes everywhere wiping everything down, Lysol is my best friend!!! I'll be honest, I'm kinda a mad woman with the wipes and hand sanitizer. 

Clearly Brooklyn's going to get it, I'd almost bet on it, but for now she is currently my favorite.
The older ones are insanely crabby, tired, coughing, sneezing, and relentlessly calling for "MOM". So pleasant to be around. And this is where life starts to suck, just a little, but enough to make you wanna run in the opposite direction of your children and your house, because it's infected!!! Abort abort!!!

For now Mark and I and Brooke are okay, but I'm sure within the week we will all suffer at it's mercy. I'm off to grab masks, vitamin C boost, more Clorox wipes, hopefully get some Tamiflu, and a bunch of thin mints...Cause I'm sure I'll be next, but I'm doing everything to prevent this horrid stuff from getting to the rest of us!!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments