No Mommy Card Needed

Ok this post is a week late, sorry but I was busy.....plus this story doesn't make me look so good...and I didn't want to tell on myself, but I told a few friends and they thought it was soooo funny that I had to tell it. (very sarcastic) Yea JP your sooo right, this is just too funny ha.ha.
So overlook the part about me being not-so-perfect (sigh)...Ugggg that was so hard to type...

Last week Nate and his friend Koda went to a jr. church camp. We don't regularly attend this church but a lot of kids from his school were going so I said yes, and they were going on field trips everyday. Plus it was from 9 to 4 which meant one less kid in my house for 7 hours, whoa...overload...So on Thursday I picked up N & K from camp and K was coming over afterwards to hang out.
Well on the way to our house they wanted to go by K's house to get the fishing poles to go fishing on the dock by our house. I said no boys not today, it's WAY to hot and you guys can play the PS3, Wii, etc..OK? They were a little upset but nothing major.
So we get home and they played for a little while and then ask to go outside to ride bikes. We have like three bikes so I said sure...plus I was super crazy busy reading blogs cleaning and doing laundry, so I let them go outside. So I'm guessing it was quite sometime later, (I was still so busy with that dang housework) I lost track of time.
So when they did come in they were HOT!!! I mean sweat was dripping from their red little faces, hair was drenched, clothes were dirty and wet...I mean it was bad. I was like boys where have y'all been??? N says riding bikes Momma, it's hot outside. K says yeah we need some water. OK so I'm thinking to myself...yeah it is hot and man they were gone quite a while and...and...oh wait, where was I?? OK found it, When Pioneer Woman met Marlboro Man Part XXXII. Oh jeez for a sec, thought I lost my spot....Well the boys got some water and watch some T.V. and then they left again, to go ride bikes? When did they leave?? I know it was definitely sometime after Pioneer Woman & Marlboro Man got engaged that second load of laundry.....
So they got home and were so tried and hot, but seemed fine. They started playing the Wii and I just figured they got their fill. I mean it's been like 99 degrees here, so surely they are finished with the whole outside thing. Well K's Momma calls she's off work and tired (she's a nurse and just pulled 12 hours at the hospital) so we decided we are sooo not cooking tonight, besides both hubby's are working. So we planned to meet at Friday's in about 20 minutes...So I grab Nate, Koda, and Brookie Cookie to head to the restaurant. We all get in the burb and the boys are super quiet, all whispering in the back seat and not really looking at me, whatever boys can have secrets too. Then I hear....
N: "Momma, I gotta to tell you something."
Me: ahhh...Never a good line to open up with.
K: "yea, we've got to confess our sins!!!"
Me: Wow jr. church camp had some effect..but oh crap!! "Ok boys what is it?"
N: "Well....we...ummm sorta rode our bikes to K's house and got the fishing poles."
Me: OMG!!! K's Mom is NEVER going to let her son come to my house again!!!
Now K's house is not close, about mile, maybe mile and a half...and there are several short cuts and we live by the golf course so there are many paths and areas to cut through. But they had a super huge hill to ride up and they rode to K's house!!! and...and...
Me: calmly..."When?"
N: "Well, when we told you we were riding bikes."
K: "Yea, I told him to tell you, but he said you would say no."
Me: "OK well I wished you guys would had told me, I had no idea where you were???"
OMG they could had past out from heat exhaustion, wrecked the bikes, fell in the lake.....got approached by scary people....My mind is racing....
Me: "Wasn't super hot?"
K: "Oh yea, I thought we were going to die...So we stopped and prayed that God would let us live to get back to your house."
Me: Picturing these two blonde headed, tough, football playing boys, on the side of the road bending down to pray that they wouldn't die in the heat..... "N did you really stop and pray??"
N: "Yes, Momma we were soooo hot."
Me: Well I'm so glad that you told me, but you do know all the of the bad things that could of happen to you guys right?"
K & N: "Yes, we do."
Me: "Good, well next time you both need to make better choices and think things through a little more."
N "Yes, Momma we will."
Me: Yea if K's Mom ever let's him return here.
K: "Well we did catch a fish."
Me: Ummm huh?? "When did you go fishing?"
K: "After we came back to your house and had some water."
Me: Oh man!! "Did you go to the dock?"
N: "Yea, but we didn't stay long, and we took some water this time."
Me: Oh well, they took water, that makes it all better...OMG...What am I gonna tell K's Mom?? What do I do with my son?? Should I yell at him?? Ground him?? Naaaaah...It was kinda funny...I think they learned their lesson, I mean their conscious did get the best of them, and they did tell me everything...right???
Me: "There's nothing else right, just going to K's and then you went fishing?" (You didn't hold up a liquor store and then steal a car??)
K & N: "No just that."
Me: "Oh, Ok right...good...Well I really hope you understand how crazy that was to ride your bikes all the way over to K's house, especially without telling me where you were or what you were doing."
K: "I know, I...I...told him we should tell you."
Me: "Well N maybe next time you should listen to K." (cause apparently his parents are doing something right, where as your Momma is slacking some.)
So we are pulling into the parking lot of Friday's and K's Mom is waiting on us...
Oh crap, now I have to tell her the boys' adventure...how do I make myself look better in this scenario....ummm.....thinking.....thinking harder....Oh my brain hurts.....coming up with nothing.....
ummm yea I think it's best if I just hand in my Mommy card right now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments