Why is NO never taken seriously???

Why is it with my *gasp* teenager, the word no just means ask Mom about a hundred more times until she caves. I'm so over can I go here, go there, to so and so's house, all the dang time!!! K never gives up, she tries the same ploys over and over again..you'd think she'd learn something by now!!!

Like this evening for example.

K cannot get a story straight to save her poor soul, she gets 1/2 the idea, plan, etc...and then either makes up the rest or changes it to suit her along the way....So she's trying to make plans for tonight....

K: Can I go to MADD tonight?
Me: Well maybe let's eat dinner and you can tell me the details....
K: No, Mom I need to know now, it's gonna start soon.
Me: Ok what time?
K: ummm IDK (her exact words, er I mean letters) 6 or maybe 7...
Me: huh??
K: Mommmmm (hate that by the way) I need God in my life.
Me: Thinking yes you do.. but I say.....
that's funny K, b/c when we all got up and went to church on Sunday you said you needed to sleep and didn't go. Didn't need God too bad then did ya???
K: aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

A few minutes later.......

K: So and so invited me to go to a movie.
Me: What about MADD??
K: I want to go see a movie!!!
Me: What about so and so??
K: She's not really that good of a friend anyways...and she hasn't asked her Mom if I could go...
Me: WHAT???
She's off, back on the phone....

By now I'm getting sooo tried of this...but we go on....

Me: Ok so what time is the movie and how are you getting there???
K: Can you take me and then her Mom will bring me home.
Me: Have you asked so and so's Mom to bring you home??
K: Well ummmm no, well, not really...but so and so is sure her Mom will bring me home.
Me: Well....as I'm thinking NO, the phone rings...for the 2700 time today!!!

and on we go.....

K: Well now so and so wants me to spend the night with her
Me: aahhhhh!!! I've had it by now. K just forget it, you can stay home tonight...
K: but mommmmmmm, (again with me hating that) I want to go to so and so's house...
Me: Has she even asked her Mom??
K: Well we were waiting to see what you said before she asked her Mom...
Me: (under my breath, a few choice words)....(back of my mind, I need a drink!!!) I finally say,
No K, you went somewhere last night, you are staying home.
K: but so and so's......blah, blah, blah...(I totally it all blocked it all out!!)
Me: Much louder this time No!! but she still persists me..

So here we go with the usual ploys to try to get me to change my mind....I said no and here she goes trying anything and everything to get her way......
Here they are in no special order...I still have no idea what I'm saying no too, but the fact is I'm saying NO and I'm NOT giving in!!!!

***Chore Ploy***

K says pleeeeease Mom....I did my chores
Me: thinking...(yeah like that was gonna work, I'd only ask her 15 times to fold towels in the dryer...that she was supposed to do YESTERDAY!!! I fed the dog and took him out, plus I helped her unload the dishwasher)
Me: I said no K

so no go on the 'chores' ploy.


***You love N more than you love me ploy***

So now it's the usual
K: well N gets to do this and that...
Me: thinking again, (well yes N does, but N does not talk back nor does he try to manipulate me into letting him do something.)
K: Why do you hate me so much and love him so much *cue tears... N is your favorite... you love him more!!!
Me: No honey, I don't love him more, I love you both the same equal amount.....blah blah blah.....
your still not going anywhere!!!

so no go on the you love N more than me ploy.

***I'm gonna call Dad ploy***

Oh the last resort, we are at the end of our rope on this one. So she wants to call Mark and oh lets see he is in Ruston, LA no wait maybe Monroe..no no it's Shreveport....
and I'm thinking to myself......

Ok yeah call your Dad, who's been working in 100 degree heat all day, and oh by the way he's got a really bad sunburn b/c they had no shade today. Tell him how Mom's sooo mean and she won't let you go to...now where is it your going?? Oh yea to church, right??

Well I will save you the pain of going through that conversation. Let's just say she's still at home, in her room...With no door...
Yes I said no door...
but that my friends will be in another post, at another time...

I just don't have the energy to tell you why she lost her door.
Teenagers are the worst, evil beings on the planet...and just think, I have to go through all of this again in about 9 years, when B is a teenager....Can't wait.

You Might Also Like

1 comments