New Year's Eve

Sooo I kinda wanna go to go to a swanky New Years Eve party. I mean my friends are awesome and unintentionally intimidating, on some level, and it's so much fun getting dressed up in something special. Remember that socialite that Marge Simpson went to high school with who didn’t know how to pump her own gas because she was that damn chic and she wrongly believes Marge is also chic because Marge is wearing that Chanel suit that she bought on sale at the outlet mall in Ogdenville and Marge has to keep ripping up the suit and re-sewing it to make it look like a new outfit or else the country club chicks will catch on that she’s a big fraud who shops at Ogdenville? That pretty much describes me, except that I shop at Target and I somewhat know how to pump gas. So anyway, I immediately start wondering how I could get all dressed up for dinner at a friend's house. Because that's what New Year's is all about right? Dressing up and getting fanc-a-fide. The black dress I bought for my Aunt's burial is about the fanciest thing I have and I begin searching through my closet for something other than a funeral dress to wear. I think I might go with sparkles or sequins. That sounds about right, me in sparkles and everyone else in jeans...story of my life. What's wrong with getting dressed up? It's New Years after all... So instead of hob-nobbing with the chic and fabulous, I’ll be spending my New Year’s Eve with friends sneaking Cupcake wine into my solo cup and trying to get the kids to play "quietly" as we adults drink ourselves into the new year... PS. Three posts in a week. I am on fire. PSS. I still will look fabulous. PSSS. Or maybe just a little sparkle here and there.

You Might Also Like

0 comments