My ride home with Brooklyn....

So I pick up my daughter, Brooklyn, from pre-k today and she is not in a good mood at all....So as we are getting into the car I notice she is very upset and sorta pouting,
and being the wonderful Mommy that I am, I ask her
"What is wrong with you??"
"AHHHHHHHH" Mom, I'm soooo mad at Aidan...
Oh.My.Gosh.

"Okay, well calm down and tell me what happened...."

"Well, he says that I'm dating a three-year old and that I better give him by cell phone number....ugh!!! I'm soooo over this place and these people...Can we just go to another class??"

Oh good Lord....did she say dating???
Wait...wait...what cell phone??? She doesn't have a cell phone?? Let alone a cell phone "number" And WTH does she mean 'these people" where'd she get that from??

So, I'm curious....
"How are you dating a three-year old, why did he say that??"

"I don't know, but Aidan says I am and well, I think it's crap!!!
Oh. My.

"Well ummmm" (totally lost for words, as I want to crack up laughing right now)
"Brooklyn, Mommy really doesn't like you saying that, it was not very nice...."

"Well, Aidan is not very nice...and I don't care...Can you please just move me classes!!!"
Okay ummm obviously she's been listing to her sister and I talk about Katie changing her math class....Okay make mental note to never talk in front of Brooklyn again....

By now it's sooo stinking funny to see her sooo put out with the fact that I'm not going to move her "classes" and so I start to laugh and
I. can't. stop.
It's too funny!!!
So she gets even MORE mad, and now it's at me...

"It's not funny!!! I don't want to date a three-year old!!! He can't even write his name...."
Still laughing
"Moooooommmmmmm, listen to me, serious (that's what she said) this is why I have to change a class."

"No Brooke your fine, I'm not changing your "class", besides he's in another room and you only see him at lunch and recess. You can manage..."

Silence....
Oh thank you God, we are pulling into the drive-way.....


FINE. MOM. WHATEVER!!!.....
Then as she is getting out of the car, I hear her say, kinda under her breath...
"Well, he is sooo not getting my cell phone number!!!"

I went and got the mail.....


You Might Also Like

4 comments