Don't gossip in the stands or your kid WILL pay for what YOU say!!!

So I just thought all the Drama had finally settled down, I could relax and take a breather and enjoy life but sadly I was wrong.
Please follow along as I tell you a little TRUE story......

Now, I'm not going to name anyone by their actual name but for those of you who do know me you will know my characters and I'll let their actions speak for themselves.

On Thursday June 4th 2009, the last day of school and the beginning to my “relaxing” summer…I received a text message from my son's coach explaining that he and another teammate were suspended from the Championship tournament being held Friday-Sunday June 5th – 7th, (which I've already paid for) and any future tournaments.

The reason for the suspension: "accusations, statements, and complaints from other parents". So after reading this, I start questioning.....Ummmm why a text and NOT a phone call?

And furthermore, sense my son is being suspended, what on earth has he done?

This is pretty serious and I would have appreciated a phone call and a chance to talk over such allegations with the head coach himself.
After trying to reach my husband by phone and no answer I was left in complete disarray.
Until my he called 5 minutes later to tell me that he had been called by the coach (after the text was sent out) and further informed me that our son was being suspended due to gossip about me, or from me, by the other parents on the team.

So let me get this straight???

MY SON is being punished for something that I "supposedly" said??


Really???

I can only assume they have nothing better to do with there time then to listen to hear say and react like an adolescent themselves.
The fact that a Championship tournament was approaching and a nine year old boy was excited about playing in it must have never crossed their minds.

I was (and STILL am) shocked!!!!!

So after discussing with my husband about all that is happening, he goes to practice to confront all 3 coaches, and ask them why??

I think we at least deserve that!!!

He wanted to know exactly why our son was suspended.....
The answer…"Oh he is a discipline issuse"

Really???

This was the first either my husband or myself have ever heard of this from a coach.

There is no warning?? Where's the board meeting about his behavior??

Answer…"Oh well he's not “really” a discipline problem, it's more your wife, and what we've heard she has been saying".

Okay so YOU, YOURSELF heard her say what exactly????
Answer…“Ummm , well, no...not us, our wives have heard stuff from so and so, basically the other parents on our team...

Oh so this is HEAR-SAY??? From the coaches wives...

You never actually heard my wife say anything??
No answer.......
So if she has “supposedly” said something someone didn’t agree with, don’t you think there are other ways of handling this instead of dragging an innocent child into this???
Again no answer......
I’m so glad I didn’t bring him with me tonight to hear what you had to say…

Okay so let me get this straight???

You are going to punish my child, for again “hear-say” and so called gossip....that you, your wives, and the other players mom’s don't like ....

Seriously????

My husband talks with them for awhile and the coaches start seeing how crappy and unfair this is....Finally!!!
So the head coach is then asking my hubby to bring our son to the tournament...that his suspension has been lifted...

Also, 2 out of 3 coaches actually apologized to my husband. The 3rd one, "the business manager" not so much, apparently he was under the impression he did nothing wrong.

The head coach then explains that my husband may bring my son but that I’m to stay home…
My husband reacts with “I’m sorry but I'm not coming with out my wife".....

This an actual quote directly from the head coach himself....

"If she comes to the game, I'll bench him"!!

Can you freakin believe that???

And just a side note: For those of you that do know me and my husband...
No bail money was needed....HeeHee!!!

If I come to my own son's game to see him play, the head coach will bench my son!!!

OMG!!!
I was absolutely speechless, when my husband told me this later that night....

So to make a long story short, my son's suspension was lifted but the other boys' was not...

How unfortunate for these young players who did nothing wrong....

On Saturday my husband and I went to the Championship game (by ourselves - my husband was not about to allow our son back into this scenario to be used as a pawn again!) to show support for our team and to show everyone at that game, that we were not going to be bullied out.

We sat with the other suspended boys parents (because we were lumped together in this mess) and watched our team loose both games...
Oh and the head coach, he wasn't even at the games....he was working another job at a concert....But to be on the safe side he hired an off-duty police officer to "keep the peace" as the cop told us....while he himself could not be there.
Omgosh!!!
Cause we were going to (wink, wink) meet in the parking lot later to fight?? haha
How insane!!!
Not to mention a waste of his money.
The night was not a total waste, we did make a friend… the "officer" hung out with us and even took a smoke break with my hubby and the other parents...He even commented that this was a "joke"

That was a little over the top...like we would stoop to their level?? Really how old are we???

We behaved like adults...we went, cheered on the team, and left....We didn't go to cause problems, we went to show our support for our son’s team.

Our son will be fine as long as he is NEVER , EVER apart of this team or any other team this coach is affiliated with.
The saddest part is not that they accused me of "gossip" or that I lost (what I thought were) really good friends....
No, the saddest part is that two young boys lost a chance to play for a Championship they worked for this whole season for and can never get back...and that they may not ever want to play again for fear they may get "suspended" for something their parents allegedly did.....

What would you do, if it was your son/daughter???


You Might Also Like

2 comments