Thanks, I 'm here all week. You do have A/C right??

Well it has been a rough couple of weeks for us here at Drama central....
To all my bloggin buddies, I am so sorry you have not had your daily dose of Drama...but I needed to be heavily medicated for a few days!!!
We, here at mission control, have had a few things happening in the past couple of weeks to occupy what little time I have to myself..."what things?" you ask?? Well, here's a run down...
football practice- 4 nights a week with N
cheerleading practice -3 nights a week with B
school shopping - seems like a daily thing with K
registration at 2 schools - took 2 days plus a trip to the Dr's office (physical for K)
small crisis with hubby - he's trying to quit smoking....great week to start honey!!! Yippiee...
Then to top it all off I had my family in town, for a week.
Normal run of the mill family visits...Well sure, for some people.

But this is ME we are talking about!!! The crap gonna hit the fan!!!

My Mom, her friend, my aunt, and her daughter (who is 17) all came to visit us.
Yea, fun times, right?? Now, how many people are coming to stay at MY house???
Let's see that's 5 for my family + Mom & friend= 7. OK, then add my Aunt and her daughter...hmmmm that makes 9...freakin NINE people in my house...OMG!!!

Don't get me wrong, I miss my Mom so much and I only get to see her 2-3 times a year and I LOVE to spend time with her. So hey I'll take the good with the bad...
I mean how rough can it be, right???
Did I mention my hubby picked this week to stop smoking...
Oh and he is taking the stop smoking pill....ya know the one where people taking this drug are having nightmares, depression, killing themselves, and their spouses!!!

Or maybe it's the spouse killing the person taking the stop smoking pills?? Hmmm I shall ponder that one...

Feeling sorry for me now aren't ya??? Just wait, it gets better....

So I've got all this crap on my plate, plus my family is in town, and my Mom wants pictures taken of my family, and her, and my brother....
Great Mom...ummm do you think you can tell hubby for me???
Thanks..I'm sure he'll be thrilled...
So I can handle all this right??...Got it covered...
But then their are my children, they have turned into evil little trolls....No really!!! They totally transformed before my eyes. They were big ole' brats while my family was here, and waaaay more bratty than usual.
I mean it's like they forgot I even existed. They wouldn't listen to me, they did whatever they wanted to. That is just so unlike my children to misbehave. (cough, laugh, clear throat)
Sorry almost made it through that sentence....I mean for them to act like that, in front of my Mom...ohhhh it was utter chaos, like never before...and trust me, we have chaos!
Of course my Mother didn't help any with her, oh that's just payback...hahaha...payin for your raising..(very sarcastic) ha. ha. ha. I. can't. stop. laughing.

Plus, to add to my fun, my youngest (who is 4) has started drinking "toffeee" (coffee) with my mother, every morning...With of course 1/2 cup of sugar and milk...
Lovely.
Gee Mom, when I was little and I wanted coffee you said it was bad for me....
Then on Saturday night, we had dinner at our house with everyone....I mean everyone.
My brother came over, plus my in-laws and all the dang kids. So after dinner we were all getting tired and we were doing the whole picture thing tomorrow...But I was so proud of myself. I did great, the hostess with the most-tess...bring it on, I've got this....I'm cool...no prob's here....I can handle whatever...

ummm I needed to stop at great, but nooooo...

Then I feel a little warmer than normal...but hey we've had the oven on...I've been cooking and cleaning with Mom, and gosh we had like 15 people here tonight...
"Hey hubby can you turn the A/C down, I'm hot"
Then he says it's 79 degrees in the house...
"What?? Is it set on 79?"
Hubby says no it's set on 75. Let me go look at the unit...
Yea, this is fixin to get really bad....
He comes in from looking at the A/C...

Our A/C unit quit on us.

Few choice words from me...
***** ___%*(*&%$#%#$&&*#$%&*&*
and a few from hubby
&#$;@&____*(&(&*($@(*)(*))@@^^&**
a few more from hubby and a cigarette
&*&#$%$#$%%*((*))&*%$###!!&&*(
Thank goodness the kids are watching a movie in surround sound
Couple of chairs in the backyard are thrown
more choice words and another cigarette
#$%&**((*&$@$#&&*&*+*
A few things in the garage get thrown/broken/whatever
Did I mention the whole stop smoking taking meds that make him want to kill me thing??
yea, ummm not going so well....
So the A/C quit, totally stopped working.
No 2 weeks notice, no, "can I get a few days off?". Nothing. The fan wouldn't even work. Just up and quit. So you can imagine what happened next...

I was actually in HELL... Saw the flames and everything.
Deep breath....calm down, don't get mad you'll just get hotter....OK now, let me get myself together here....thinking slowly....
Mom. still here
Mom's friend. still here
Hubby. mega anger issues & still takin meds (still smoking too) stay far, far away for own safety
Kids. tired, can't sleep, super crabby
In-laws. gone (whew) dodge a bullet there, all she needs is more reasons to fault me....as this would had been totally my fault...she'd found a way...trust me.
Brother. gone. good. cannot pick on me.
Me. (sigh)
Well how do you type the exact moment when you have a total meltdown???


OMG it was so unbelievably hot in our house that I thought we were all going to burst into flames over night. Texas is really not known for having cool August nights so we had no chance of it getting any cooler. That was for sure was the longest, hottest (and not in a good way) night of my life!!!
But we survived (how I have no idea) and we went to get our family pictures taken with my Mom and brother the next day. Heck, I just wanted to go anywhere that had a workin A/C unit. Didn't really care where it was.
But we got it fixed, something minor...I have no idea what it was...but it did take all evening to get cooled down.....but I was sooo not complaining it was way better than 98....
Plus moody butt (aka hubby) is still smoking...I think the whole "meds" thing is to STOP from smoking, but I'm not saying a word!!!
Then Mom left the next day to go back to her normal life up north and we went back to our sorta, kinda, in a way, but not really, normal life. This week was better, well maybe not a lot better than last week but definitely cooler...
So now what....

Still got football & cheer practice all week (sigh) Great what's B gonna say this week???

Need to do laundry (sigh) hate stupid laundry

My mom's gone back up north to her house (sigh) Wow, Mom did a lot of my laundry while she was here...(sigh)Wish she was still here.....(bigger more longer sigh) hate stupid laundry

Hubby's gone back to work, in East Texas (sigh) bet he still smoking...at least he's off those horrible meds...Man, he was moody...wonder if he's back to smoking like a freight train or just a chimney??? Oh well at least now I have plenty of time to learn about emphysema.

(another long sigh)

Oh well I guess it's just me and the trolls...
and they better mind me or else...no toffeee!!!




You Might Also Like

0 comments