Nightstand Zebra Makeover....

So my daughter is turning 15...yes FIFTEEN, tomorrow..and she was in desperate need of a new nightstand and since I can't stand buying "new" furniture, I went to the garage and Boo-yah!! I found this little baby just begging to be made-over!!!


Wowza...Okay first I removed the drawers and all the hardware. I had to prime the whole thing.

Now, I know I want to do something funky with the drawers, so I tape them off so I can paint them a different color.

I'm not so artsy in the drawing department so I grab some mod podge and some super cute zebra paper and got to work....

I put down a layer of the mod podge first....

Then I added my paper and I went over it with the mod podge (I heart this stuff) again, make sure to get all the bubbles out...(trust me I learned the hard way.)



Then I decided on a lime green paint color for her other drawer, as she loves green and has a lot of it in her room. But I'm also going to use it on the other drawer as well...

Now I get out my black paint (my favorite color)
Then my dd tells me she wants the top "chalkboard"
Seriously??...I decide to section it off, just a side square for her to write on, that way the whole top isn't covered in dust..

This definitely needs 2 coats of black paint and then 3 coats of chalkboard paint, just to make it even.

Now I took the drawers and painted the outer edges black...Then I painted some lime green on the top drawer to add some more funky to it and to tie in the green.... I pulled the tape off the green paint and it pulled some of the black paint off too...Soooo I decided to just go with it and make it look like zebra print..I kinda like the way it turned out...

But wait...I have a line of white where I painted the chalkboard and sectioned off the black paint..What to do?? Ahhh I got it, let me grab my trusty glue gun and some zebra ribbon...

And presto...It looks Fab-u-lous!!

I just added some glass knobs from Home Depot...and put the drawers in and we are in business!!!



She totally loves it and the fact that no one else has this nightstand!!! Were sooo original you know...heehee

Hope you enjoy and happy crafting my peeps!!!
XOXOXOXO

You Might Also Like

3 comments