5 am wake up sirens for all!!

Nothing starts my day off like the weather sirens, which by the way are 2 houses down from ours, to go off not once but twice before 5am...
Seriously, everyone in my house was up and of course, in our bed by 5:02...Oh that made for such a wonderful way to start my day!!
Then after the siren is the uber creepy voice "warning weather alert, seek shelter immediately"
Oh good Lord if ya weren't havin a nightmare, your having one now!!
Why cant they get a sweet grandmotherish type to say
"baby-cakes take shelter now, the rain is a comin"...
I mean really why does the voice have to be so scary???
My kids were more afraid of that darn voice than of the actual storm...
Plus the sirens, creepy voice, etc..goes off 20 minutes before the actual storm is even here!!! I was little upset at the fact EVERYONE was up and freakin out of bed 20minutes before we even heard rain!!
Jeesh...and some of my friends even got phone calls at 4:30am...Don't sign me up for that program....no thanks!!
I know the city is trying to do us a favor by warning us about storms, tornadoes, etc..but really a sweet voice and one (1) siren alert would be fine with me...
I just feel for those with little babies whom probably don't get alot of sleep anyways then have to deal with freak voice and 2 sirens...That stinks!! I had to deal with my 14 yo, 9yo, and 5yo...that was bad enough...oh where was hubby?? Oh yea right next to me SLEEPING!!
So here is my vent for the day...thanks for listening and now it's time for a nap, being I've been up for 10 hours already!!

Oh and I'm trying to do a whole blog remodel...anyone have any thoughts??? I would love to hear them!! I need some ideas!!

XOXOXO

You Might Also Like

0 comments