Watch out...I'm baaaaaack to blogging!!!

Soooo I'm thinking I need to REALLY start bloggin more, and since is it February and that was one of my New Years' resolutions...I figure I'd better get started. Better late than never my Momma always said!!

Oh what to blog about...hmmmm?? Then I was thinking I could do a cute little "how to" for ya!!

Okay so yesterday I was cleaning and trying to organize my dresser. I was really needing something to hang my hats on...Yes I LOVE hats...All kinds and I wear one at least once a week!!! But I've grown a collection of them and having hats hanging all over my dresser was just not working for me. So I head out to the garage to look around and found these!!!


Ahhhh JACKPOT!!! I knew these old shutters would come in handy....I got these at a garage sale {the whole stinkin box} for 5 bucks!! Such a deal!!! You can always find these at antique malls or garage sales and they are usually cheap. I picked out one, cleaned it off and got busy....

I took off all the hardware and any other screws or nails it had in it. I didn't need a primer as these were pretty rough already and only had one coat of white paint. I got some black paint from the local Home Depot and went to work....I used glossy black paint to match our bedroom.

After one coat it was waaaaay evident that it needed another coat....even after it was dry....Covering up that old white paint did take a 2nd coat. Also a few touch ups here and there, before it was completely covered.
But after the second coat it looked really good and was almost ready to hang on my wall. I let it dry overnight, then this morning I just hot glued a few painted close pins {painted the same black as the shutters} to it and holla....its finished!!!

I had hubby hang it on my wall and I now have a super cute hat rack that matches my decor in my bedroom and cost less than 10 bucks!!! Score!!! Plus I totally love it and now I'm thinking what else I could do with these cute shutters?????




hummmmm, I will defiantly let you know!!!


XOXOXOX

You Might Also Like

2 comments