The devil does not wear Prada…she wears a size 3T from Gymboree...

I have posted this on MySpace before my whole bloggin addiction started and I just recently saw this movie again and had to re post this for all my bloggin friends....
This was when Brooklyn was about 3ish...still very true and I know all you Momma's in blog land will sympathize with me...
Plus I added a few more insights.....


Do you ever feel like your real life is a movie??
or at least a cruel reality show??

Like you should see Ashton Kutcher in the corner somewhere going "you've been punked?"

Yea...
me too.

In "The Devil Wears Prada", a young woman finds herself employed as an assistant to the monster of all bosses. She's sooo excited and wants to do everything right and make her boss happy!!!

BUT:

This boss leaves her incomplete and ridiculous messages, requiring her to make a fool of herself.

This boss is rude, picky, and nothing is ever good enough.

This boss expects all employees to read her mind, and then when they don't, there is going to be hell to pay.

This boss makes tons of unreasonable demands...she even wakes up her assistant in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT to make MORE demands.

By the middle of the movie, the assistant is exhausted, frustrated, and frankly, feeling a little crazy.

Are you seeing why this seems so FAMILIAR?

Here's a hint: These days, I do not have a boss paying me money to put up with any of her/his crap. Instead, I am now working as an assistant to 3 bosses, and they demand that I work for FREE. Not only free but no vacation time and definitely no sick time off!!
Plus I'm on call 24/7...
WTH??
Is this what I signed up for??

Now, mind you, I LOOOOVE my kiddos...
I do not REALLY think they are the devil in anyway, shape, or form....Well 2 outta 3 anyways...

And MOST of the time, being THE MOM and all, I like to think I am the boss.

But....
The similarities, really??
They are irrefutable.
I'm guessing you've got the idea, but I'll give you a few examples anyway.

I totally make a fool of myself, on my children's behalf, on a daily basis. Using my shirt to wipe anyone's dirty whatever....Walking around Wal-Mart with 3 kids yelling about what cereal/juice/ice cream/cookies they wanted or didn't want....having my daughter tell me not to dress like a grandma when I go to her school....yikes when did I EVER dress like that??
Or my favorite time was while going to the bathroom at Target,
Brookie and Katie go in 1st and are waiting for me as the line was kinda long and they didn't see I had to wait...So they are finished and then I get asked VERY LOUDLY, by Brooklyn....

"Mama are you going POOP???"

Dear God.
...

According to my children, I should read minds! For example, dressing Brooklyn goes something like this:

Me - Handing her shorts and shirt
Brooklyn - NOT THAT SHIRT!!!
Me - Then which one?
Brooklyn - The kitty one!!!
Me – OK here's the kitty
Brooklyn- NOT THAT KITTY ONE! THE OTHER KITTY ONE!!!!
Me – OK Fine. Here.
Brooklyn - NO!!!! I DO IT!!!!
Me - I leave the room so she can do it herself
Brooklyn- NO! MOMMY HELP ME!!!!
Me - Going away
Brooklyn- Lays on floor kicking and screaming for me to 'help' her
Me - Pouring a little Vodka in with my Red Bull, is 7:30 to early to drink???

Our breakfast, lunch, dinner, bath, and bed routines pretty much play out the same way. I'll spare you the details.
In general, spending a lot of time with my toddler is like living with a little, miniature drunk person.
She can't speak coherently and when she does she sometimes uses cuss words and has been know to smoke crayons...
She wets her pants at random, not so much anymore...but I still have extra clothes in the back of the 'burban...
always nursing a drink, heaven forbid if you leave home without a bottle of something...
likes to get naked for no apparent reason,
she's constantly falling down and running into things,
and can be totally happy, singing and dance one moment, yet laying on the floor yelling, kicking, and screaming the next.

I'm giving her about two more years to sober up and quit smoking before I seek professional help.....


You Might Also Like

2 comments